Extracorporeal Life Support Assurance
The ELSA® Monitor is the latest development in extracorporeal life support monitoring. Identify presence and amount of oxygenator clotting by measuring the oxygenator blood volume using a bolus of saline. Trending graphs for oxygenator blood volume are available directly on the ELSA® for easy tracking of volume changes indicative of clot formation. Additionally, recirculation measurements during VV ECMO ensures optimal placement of dual lumen catheters and relative heart response to ECMO therapy.
The ELSA® is a stand-alone ECMO Monitor with a rechargeable battery for portability. The intuitive touchscreen clearly presents all pertinent patient data, and is easy to clean, thereby preventing cross-contamination.
- ELSA® uses existing arterial and venous bloodlines
- Clamp-on sensors do not interrupt flow
- Continuous delivered blood flow measurement
- Uses a harmless indicator of room temperature normal saline
- Monitor is battery powered and can be pole-mounted for mobility
- Password Enabled or Password Free